On February 28th, 2018 Auroville will celebrate the anniversary of its 50th year. This occasion presents an unprecedented opportunity to honour the birth and vision of Auroville, to increase the recognition of its relevance for India and the world, to attract people of all ages from India and abroad to visit Auroville and participate in the events, and to document and share its journey of 50 years. With the specific aim of meeting this four-fold purpose, through the means of a participatory community process, we present a proposal consisting of celebrations, conferences, outreach events, and related infrastructure for this occasion.
• Auroville’s Swadharma towards the central spiritual vision of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother and the reason for which The Mother created Auroville will have been re-iterated.
• Auroville will have had an opportunity to honour and express gratitude towards India, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and UNESCO for their constant support.
• Auroville will have strengthened its collaboration with the Sri Aurobindo Ashram Pondicherry, The Mother’s centres in India and the Auroville International Centres around the world.
• The relationship with Auroville’s neighbouring villages will have improved and a better understanding for common growth will have been established.
• The evolutionary journey of 50 years of Auroville, including its challenges and successes will have been documented, leading to a significant projection of its aspirations towards its future.
• A greater awareness of Auroville’s relevance to India and the world will have been established.